Monday, May 25, 2009

[Assignment] Arduino and Dream Machine

The following 2 photos are my lab assignment: arduino.  When the switch is not pressed (closed), the green Led is always on. 

And, when the switch is pressed (open), the green Led is off and the blue Led is on.
ps. I had hard time to look for the 10k resistor... (the resistors are all similar to me!)


The second part of the lab assignment: dream machine.
Cube is something I really like. So, I really feel like my powerful dream machine could be fitted in the 3" cube. For this machine, I want to combine typography (both English and Chinese) and physical computing technique into this cube. The following photos show my first prototype: a weather reporter via performing type. The cube itself contains light sensors (if they do exist), which tracks the amount of sunlight. When it is sunny, one side is written "sunny" as Chinese, while the other side is English. I think this is an interesting topic to study: to use type to tell the weather (or beyond) directly instead of icons.
The Chinese "sunny" character.
The other side is English. They both have the same meaning.
The corner shows where the sensors would be placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment